Can I just trot out last year’s predictions and call it a day? Really, I’m not so much predicting as I am making a wish list, and since last year’s wishes went as unanswered as my 9th birthday wish for my very own Death Star did… Let’s be optimistic and blow those candles out again!
- Apple TV SDK. More important now than ever since all of my toddler’s favorites just migrated to Amazon Instant Video. Come on, Apple. Don’t make me buy a Roku.
- A technology I lusted for – I mean predicted – last year will finally show itself today: 802.11ac/Gigabit Wifi.
- CPU upgrades too. Haswell, your time has come. Better battery life and enough power to drive larger retina displays are on their way.
- The previous two items mean it is time to upgrade some hardware. New MacBooks with Gigabit Wifi will be nice, but how about a Gigabit Wifi and Retina Display iMac? Same for the Mac Mini and Cinema Displays would be nice too.
- Mac Pro. You have the attention of the biggest geeks in your community. Give them something to lust for.
- iPhones and iPads probably won’t get updated but wait a couple months for new ones with iOS7, new and updated apps, and Gigabit Wifi.
- New AppleTV, Airport and Time Capsules with Gigabit Wifi. AppleTV update will be a couple months away, so that Amazon, HBO and others can get their apps ready.
- Okay, so I’m obviously lusting for bigger retina displays, faster wifi, and AppleTV Apps, but what about the core of what they’ll show off? Like iRadio, OSX and iOS7?
- iRadio. Sure, why not. You could just put Spotify and Pandora on AppleTV and I’d be happy, but if you can do better, cool.
- Mac OS X 10.9? iOS 7? Dazzle me, Johnny Ive.
- And as long as you are upgrading MacOSX, how about showing some love for iLife and iWork too?
- New toys? iWatch should arrive this fall and iTV by Xmas. This is after all a wish list.
Until next year!